8/11/2006

 

Mobilis in Mobili

I now have my Trusty Steed back. Callou! Callay!

To be sure, there are still a few things that have to be worked on (for one thing, the mechanics didn't change out the plugs and wires like I asked. See if I ever go back there again...) but at least we're mobile. The daily games of hurry-up-and-wait are over. And I no longer have to suffer 1) taxi drivers who think they know better than me where I live, despite the fact they weren't born in this country; 2) nutcases who get on the bus and either ramble on about nothing and everything despite my being obviously buried in a newspaper, or muttering dangerously to themselves while asserting that they're being stalked; and 3) young punks with more hormones than intelligence who only really ride the bus to see how dispruptive they can be, knowing that no one will seriously challenge them.

Yes, all these have happened.

But no more. Now, if I can just remember where I saw that bookshelf being thrown out...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?